Friday, February 14, 2014

Captians log - Week 5

       So, now we are getting back into the time period that I can remember more clearly. On week 5, or last week, I didn't work on the box at all. Instead I worked on the software to go with the box. I downloaded a program called ReconstructMe. The point of this program is to be scan items and turn them into a 3D mesh. The only issue is we needed a camera to do the physical scanning, while the program did all of the mesh making. Luckily, Mr. Smith had an old Xbox Kinect lying around and he brought it in for me. After plugging it in and downloading all of the drivers, I ran into some issues. The program would not register that the Kinect was plugged in. I could not figure out why, and I messed with settings and drivers for a large portion of this week. I was completely unsuccessful. The program and Kinect refuse to work together, and I need to figure out why.

                                     This has been a PSA,
                                                                        Captain out

No comments:

Post a Comment