This week I spent all of my time working on my intro for "unpeeled". I finally animated my banana, which I think I talked about last week, but I also animated a few more things to go a long with it and rendered it.
I didn't really learn much this week, because I already knew how to render and use adobe premiere, but I did render my first video this year. That's all I really have to say about this week.
So, week 5 was not my greatest week. The assignment was to start creating an intro for ourselves, and that has turned into an absolute fail for me. I wanted to make an intro for Carlos, Brant and I's comedy show called "unpeeled". My goal was to make a banana that un-peels itself, and the inner banana says unpeeled. I didn't even make it remotely close to my goal. I made about half of the banana before I realized that this was going to be a very difficult task.
here's prototype 1 of my banana:
I've made many other banana prototypes, but this was the very first one I
made, and the only one I've saved. I accidentally made an eggplant
instead of a banana.
The only thing that I somewhat succeeded at was learning to use
bombs. I blew up some text, and that's about it. It's pretty basic. I
tried to modify the explosion with some gravity modifiers and such, but
none of those worked either. So this was barely a successful project.
I also learned how to use cameras more effectively.
This week has been a very eventful week. I've learned a lot about shaping the default shapes into something else using the "edit poly" tool. I knew how to use this tool prior to this week, but I definitely used the tool a lot more effectively this week. The main project I've been using the tool for is my "Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4" project. The high-tech skateboard animation I created used edit poly tool/modifier, and the mesh smooth modifier quite a lot. Here is a quick display of just the skateboard
The trucks (Displayed in the first picture), and the deck (Displayed in the second picture) both required me to use the edit poly tool. I manipulated certain points on each of them to give myself the main shape of the items, and then I used the mesh smooth tool to make them look a little cleaner and nicer. I did mess up on one of the trucks because I did not clone the entire thing, meaning both sides are not completely symmetrical, but I plan to fix that later.
The next main thing I've been working on this week is using the slate modifier and editor tool to place pictures or textures onto shapes and designs I have created. I pasted Carlos' flawless face on a sphere to give the human I have been animating a more realistic feeling (even though the human animation isn't very realistic to begin with). I also pasted the Mexican flag on a box to make Carlos holding a mini Mexican flag, showing his pride for his country. I used this perfect replica of Carlos to create an animation of somebody doing a quintuple heel-flip. Here is a display of what I have been talking about.
This screenshot was taken in the middle of the animation in which Carlos is committing to a quintuple heel-flip. The last thing I've been trying to do is use bipeds effectively. It didn't turn out so well, but I was able to make the biped to scale with the skateboard, and I was able to place him on the skateboard. I was unable to actually make an animation with it though.
This week I started to mess around in the 3DS program. I spent most of my week designing the new Harrier for Call of Duty: Ghosts with Carlos. I must say that I am very impressed with my work, and I'm sure that fans of Call of Duty will really enjoy the game that Carlos and I are creating. This is the official design for the harrier:
As you can see, I used high tech programs and animation skills to come up with this design. With the help of Carlos, I was able to make an exact replica of a US harrier that is currently being used by the United States army. But in all seriousness, it took me all week to create this small scene, and it wasn't easy for me. I learned how to use the boolean tool, and I also learned how to shape and manipulate objects using the "Edit Poly" modifier. I may not have created the best plane using these tools, but I tried my best and this is what I came up with. Carlos taught me how to take a normal 3D plane, and change the color of it to a picture that I saved to the computer. So that really helped me create my design for the new Call of Duty Harrier.