Friday, September 13, 2013

Captains log - Week 4

       This week has been a very eventful week. I've learned a lot about shaping the default shapes into something else using the "edit poly" tool. I knew how to use this tool prior to this week, but I definitely used the tool a lot more effectively this week. The main project I've been using the tool for is my "Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4" project. The high-tech skateboard animation I created used edit poly tool/modifier, and the mesh smooth modifier quite a lot. Here is a quick display of just the skateboard


The trucks (Displayed in the first picture), and the deck (Displayed in the second picture) both required me to use the edit poly tool. I manipulated certain points on each of them to give myself the main shape of the items, and then I used the mesh smooth tool to make them look a little cleaner and nicer. I did mess up on one of the trucks because I did not clone the entire thing, meaning both sides are not completely symmetrical, but I plan to fix that later.

       The next main thing I've been working on this week is using the slate modifier and editor tool to place pictures or textures onto shapes and designs I have created. I pasted Carlos' flawless face on a sphere to give the human I have been animating a more realistic feeling (even though the human animation isn't very realistic to begin with). I also pasted the Mexican flag on a box to make Carlos holding a mini Mexican flag, showing his pride for his country. I used this perfect replica of Carlos to create an animation of somebody doing a quintuple heel-flip. Here is a display of what I have been talking about.
       This screenshot was taken in the middle of the animation in which Carlos is committing to a quintuple heel-flip. The last thing I've been trying to do is use bipeds effectively. It didn't turn out so well, but I was able to make the biped to scale with the skateboard, and I was able to place him on the skateboard. I was unable to actually make an animation with it though.
 

This has been a PSA,
                                                       Captain out

 

No comments:

Post a Comment