Friday, November 8, 2013

Captains log - Week 12




       This week I worked a lot more on my helicopter, and a little bit more on my character. The main thing I did this week was that I finally was able to cut out a nice looking door for the side of my helicopter and get it to open.

This was honestly a very difficult task because I was having a lot of trouble figuring out a way to cut a hole in the side of my helicopter, and then making a shape that fits over that hole perfectly and works as a door. I was able to accomplish this by making a copy of the body of my helicopter, and deleting the outer poly's, forming a square, and then deleting the inverse poly's on the original copy.

The other thing I accomplished this week was placing my character inside of my helicopter. All I had to do was scale my copter to the correct size, and insert my character into the scene. And it works nicely because you can see my character through the windows of the helicopter.


Overall, I think this works very nicely, and I am happy with the results. I also worked on the inner part of the Helicopter, by making walls to form the inner area, and adding a floor for my character to stand on. It didn't take me very long, but it looks quite nice.This is what the inside of the helicopter looks like.

Anyways, that's pretty much all I did this week.
  
                                          This has been a PSA,
                                                                             Captain out

















No comments:

Post a Comment