Monday, October 21, 2013

Captains log - Week 9

       This week, we were locked out of MAX... Again...


       Mr. Smith kept me away from my beloved Helicopter for another cold, and long week. So to get back at this evil Smith Lord, I decided to totally destroy him in a bet that will ultimately result in him doing 30 humiliating push-ups in front of the whole entire class. The bet was on who had the better video? Mr. Smiths dumb little genetic video, or my AWESOME Star Wars Episode 7 movie. The class hasn't decided yet, but come Monday, they will decide on who's video they enjoyed more. I'm almost positive that my video will come out victorious, because the plot is stupendous, and the special FX are top par. 

Here is my perfect video:


  
       And on a productive note, this week we spent a lot of time working on Kuder navigator. I typed in the few careers that I'm interested in, and compared them based on education and salary. The first career that I'm interested in is becoming a Police Officer. I am currently in pursuit of this career, and am already doing special programs to achieve my goal. Education wise, I technically do not need to do anything. But I plan on getting an AA in Criminal Justice or a class of that sort. And once I graduate from the JC with my AA, I'm going to apply to the police academy at the JC and hopefully graduate from there. The average earnings of a patrol officer is about 112k per year, so if all goes well, I will be living a pretty well organized and successful life.

       The only other career path I can really see myself pursuing would be something along the lines of becoming a therapist. The reasoning behind this decision is that a lot of my friends come to me for advice on various things, and I've even had my friends mom come to me for parenting advice once (which is weird considering I don't have the slightest knowledge or experience on parenting). But if I can currently help people and give half-way decent advice without any actual education in this field, then I believe that if I were to get an actual education and real training in this field, then I would definitely be able to do my job as a therapist rather efficiently. In terms of education, I'm not really sure what I'd exactly have to do because Kuder doesn't have a therapist as one of their options, but based on other related jobs, I believe that I would have to receive a graduates degree, and some form of state license. And in terms of salary, it appears that I could make somewhere between 75k and 100k per year, which is definitely a comfortable pay.

I already have my mind set on becoming a police officer, and based on this short little compare and contrast thing I did, I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely the better choice. By becoming a police officer, I would save a lot of time on education and school because I do not need a graduates degree. I would also make more money as a police officer. So out of these two choices, a law enforcer seems to be the most desirable choice. But who knows. Life is weird.

   
                                        This has been a PSA,
                                                                             Captain out



 

No comments:

Post a Comment