Friday, October 11, 2013

Captains log - Week 8

       This week I mainly focused on modeling. During the time we weren't watching presentations, I was modeling this really cool helicopter. I was going to post a picture of this awesome helicopter, but as we are currently unable to use 3ds MAX, I will not be able to provide such a picture. The helicopter is coming along rather nicely. I have almost finished modeling the the shape and design of the helicopter, and I plan on finishing the color scheme of it sometime next week. I haven't decided what type of helicopter I want to make it yet though. I'm thinking of either making it an army helicopter, or a search and rescue helicopter. There is no real purpose behind this helicopter. I just randomly decided to make one at the beginning of the week and now I'm pretty hooked on this project so it's going to be something that I finish.

       The other thing that I worked on this week was animating bones and skin. I learned how to place a skin around some bones, and I learned how to animate them in a way in which it looks like an actual limb is moving. Although this week wasn't super eventful, and we weren't actually taught a whole lot due to presentations, I still managed to get a decent amount of work done. Which I'll probably show in next weeks blog post.

                                       
                                        This has been a PSA,
                                                                             Captain out

No comments:

Post a Comment