Friday, August 30, 2013

Captains log - Week 2


       This week I started using a lot of the 3ds Max program. We've been doing quite a few small projects, such as building a snowman and learning to make text, but I've been working on a semi-project throughout the duration of the week. My project is called "The City", and basically I am just creating a small layout of a city using the skills and tools that I have learned since the beginning of school.

       
       This screenshot shows the whole layout of my city in progress. I know it's not great, nor complete, but I created this in a short amount of time using the little amount of knowledge I currently have of the program, and animation in general.


       This screenshot is a close-up of what I'm really trying to accomplish. The actual 'movie' aspect of this animation is simply a poorly animated car driving down the road, stopping at a stoplight, and finishing it's drive once the light turns green. I'm also working on stacking items on top of each other, as you can see on the building in the far back with my use of windows, the road with it's yellow painted lines in the middle, and the building on the left with the door. The project is going well to my standards, and I am learning new ways to modify it every day.

                       This has been a PSA,
                                                       Captain out






No comments:

Post a Comment